Collaboration, that’s the magic word at the moment. You don’t have to be a designer anymore to create clothes. Since we are able to share our works online, it became easy to connect with different people and it is logical that this phenomena of “using others people talent” became so popular. Why creating always on your own? Why not contacting an artist to collaborate. I just wrote about one example a few days ago (Yayoi Kusama and Louis Vuitton).
Today I’m having an other one. Designer Mara Hoffman‘s collaboration with 5 famous artists shows unique pieces of swimwear and leggings in limited edition. Here are all the designed pieces and one art work from each of the artists.
- Let’s start with Spencer Tunick, famous for his nude photographs.
- Colorful Maya Hayuk, the wall and canvas decorator from NYC
wall decoration Oklahoma, image via here
- John Newsom, the man who loves to paint birds
“Flowering feathers” via here
- Javier Piñon, the master in collages
“The flight of Icarus” collage via here
- Eddie Martinez, colorful graphics
“THE FEAST” image via here
collection images via here
Which one would you choose ????